Thursday 22 August 2019

22.08.19

Blog everyday - something you see , a point of view.

Today I stepped into help the gap left by my son at the place he and his half sister work.  He was involved in the kitchen as well and managing the club.  His sister is a whizz at management of clients, the bar,  the nitty gritty of "out of the kitchen" stuff. 

She had to make chicken curry and did not have a clue............so I briefly took of my apron to drive across there and put it back on to make the food.  (My aprons and I are very close,  much to the amusement of my children)

There was a lovely lady that has been running the kitchen for the last few years and doing a damn fine job WITHOUT the resources and support she needed.

So here is my point of view...........

If you want someone to do their job happily and properly,  make SURE -

  • You have given them the tools to do their work
  • You have given them the correct space to work
  • You have given them the resources to complete their tasks
  • You have given them the assurance that they are equipped and do NOT need to be micro-managed
  • You are prepared to share ideas, trade information and honour their knowledge
  • You are determined to empower them and allow them the dignity of a job well done.
IF

You cannot do that -
  • You are not a leader
  • You are not empowering
  • You are not sharing and growing
AND


If you cannot take the heat ........... get out of the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment