Tuesday 27 August 2019

27.08.19

Today was one of the most difficult things I have had to do in the last two weeks...........

I met with a female acquaintance of my son.  He has confessed to a dangerous and threatening situation which would hurt and maybe kill this young woman.

In a very civilised environment,  I met with her and her mother.  Over tea and coffee I had to tell her of the danger she was in,  and the steps I had put in place for others.

Sitting across the table from a young woman who could be my daughter,  and her mother who was trying to be as kind as possible ,  I advised her to put a restraining order into place.  Then watching her listen to the recorded admission I could have been physically ill.  No apologies could ever take away the shattering implication that someone you liked was so mentally ill that you could lose your life.

Then travelling home,  I was listening to a young man who has an aggressive cancer.  He is so positive ,  wanting to be the 40% that may recover.  He WANTS to live and have a future...............

My son has EVERYTHING this young man needs.

And it is not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment