Sunday 25 August 2019

24.08.19

Today I watched people I care so deeply for struggle under the load of the actions of someone they love.  And the worst thing is that I cannot help.  

I am trying to fight a system which is bigger than I am.

Trying to fight the injustice and apathy of a country that I love and belong to.  Who has just switched the abuse from one race to another.

Trying to contain the anger that bubbles up within me as I watch someone who believes they are entitled and untouchable,  carelessly put people's lives at risk.

Trying to be normal in the face of people I do not want to explain things to,  partly because I am so tired and partly because I do not have any answers.

Trying to be the bigger person.

and I will go to sleep tonight,

and try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment